Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2009

There but for the grace of God...

A short post from me this week, as I'm snowed under - literally, it snowed here last night and if there's one thing the UK can't cope with, it's a flurry of the white stuff. Stoically we endure grave threats to our nation's wellbeing - the Blitz, numerous recessions, terrorist attacks, the collected TV works of Simon Cowell. Yet when a few flakes drop from the sky, our transport system grounds to a halt, schools close and people start stockpiling tins of spam.

However, I offer all of you, writers both real and budding, a cautionary tale. What not to do when greeted with a one-star review on Amazon. We all dread having them. We've all cursed and sworn and wished ill on the reviewer who has taken a kick at our hard work. But I think we're all wise to keep our counsel.

For proof, go here..

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1BA0D6J2GS59/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?ie=UTF8&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest

Read it all to see the unfolding horror - and make sure you click to reveal 'Niteflyr One's' (aka the author) responses.

Crumbs...remind me to stay away from the science fiction romance genre.

Cheers.

Dan - Friday