"(The Green Party) budget doesn't balance unless we massively increase our carbon emissions," points out Aldyen Donnelly, who's president of the Greenhouse Emissions Management Consortium. She also faults Ms. May on the facts. Every European country that introduced carbon taxes - including Germany, Sweden and Denmark - has suffered heavy losses of manufacturing jobs. As for Germany's green jobs, they're all subsidized by the government. "Carbon taxes have proven to be an economic death spiral," Ms. Donnelly says.
Good article by Margaret Wente on Green Party leader Elizabeth May, and Carbon taxes like the Greens and Liberals are proposing.
I always wondered how the European countries that adopted Carbon taxes had done.
Good article by Margaret Wente on Green Party leader Elizabeth May, and Carbon taxes like the Greens and Liberals are proposing.
I always wondered how the European countries that adopted Carbon taxes had done.
Now that I know..yikes!
.